• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

glow plugs

l1a1man

What is the averaage life of GP's? How often are you changing them out? Civilian and military.

Where are you buying your plugs from?

Last edited:

HardCorps79

Don't know the life span of plugs, but when I got my truck all of the plugs were crusty but tested okay. A year and a half later, through two winters, all 8 are fried. But I didn't maintain them properly. Should have changed them out long ago. Anyhow, just ordered the Wellman 070 plug set direct from the military mfg (idusadist.com). They were the best price anywhere (no middleman) and they shipped direct- got to my house in just under 3 days.

I'll be putting them in as soon as my OTC 6005 gp puller tool gets here. Guess I'll let you know in a year or two. Or less, if something goes wrong. 8)

Wolf.Dose

AC Delco plugs are in Germany arround 10 Euro or 14 bucks each. Livetime is, if you do not exceed the glowing time, close to unlimited. Those with registor beforehand are 2.8 Volt plug without regulator built in. The 24 Volt plug, which do not fit to the connecting shoes of the CUCV series trucks, are 24 Volts with built in regulator. There are also 12 Volt plugs available for the civilian 12 V series trucks (Engine code J or C). Of These I do not know the specs., whether wit or without regulator built in.
Wolf