• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plugs

Onestar

Just went out to swap my plugs, what a disaster. 7 out of 8 are swollen and they are all AC13 g, I Only hear bad things about these and all the connecters are breaking off.

tbearatkin

Mine were swollen as well SO I called a friend at a military rebuild center and his advise was clamp a vicegrip on it and then use a bar or long screwdriver wedge behind the vice grip when it clamps on and slowly pry straight out. He said you might have to wiggle a little but be careful too much wiggle and it will break. I got all 8 out with no issues. But I am sure it depends on how swollen they are I suppose. He has been working on military vehicles for years as his job so figured he should have an idea what he is talking about.

unaffiliated

I guess I got lucky with mine. Only one was stubborn but a little tug with a pair of pliers and it came right out. I installed the AC 60G plugs. I had to change the connectors as the spade terminals on the new plugs were wider. I needed new connectors anyway because the originals were F'ed up and most of the insulators were broken. I eliminated the resistor pack and ran the input wire to the relay directly from the 12v terminal block on the firewall. The AC 60G plug just happened to be the cheapest plug at my local Advance Auto Parts store and they were listed on the cheat sheet if running 12v to the plugs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks