• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

glow plugs

REDWOLF

Well after having new glow plugs for over a year and being afraid to do them on my Owen due to the fact they could be swollen and not come out. I found out a friend of my wifes husband how is a retired marine works in the motor pool for a government contractor. After talking to him he said no problem bring my M1009 over to his house and we will change them. Well wouldn't you know it all of them screw right out. Ow well better safe then sorry, plus made a real good friend how knows a lot about military trucks. By the way after checking all the old plugs with a fluke tester only had two out of eight plugs that where close to being good.

rivcrazy2000

That is great, but isn't a friend of your wife's husband your friend because you should be your wife's husband correct? Somehow I think something was mis-worded in there and threw me for a little loop haha.

iacucv

I did the same thing. Worried they would be swollen up bad and put it off. Started to get cold out here in Iowa at night so I had to take the plunge. Did it last weekend and everything went really smooth, had it done in about 45 min with changing terminals and I was in no hurry. Shoulda just manned up and did it when I started gettin smoke on startup.