• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plus solenoid....help please!!

joeyaguirre21

So glow plug solenoid went out a while back replaced wih new one and it was getting hot and went out. So i replaced it again and its still getting hot. So i have my main power on a big stud the glow plugs on the other big stud and the pink with black strip wire on the switch side and the green wite on the ignition side. After running or driving it for a while it still stays hot and i have power all the way around which i know i sshould have. Please help. 14964440379211420874273.jpg

scottladdy

I'm certain folks like Warthog and Antennaclimber will have much sounder council. But based on your pic and symptoms the first thing I would check is whether or not you have an isolated relay. The system works by grounding the relay coil when energized. It sounds like the coil has power applied to it 100% of the time.

tbearatkin

Need more information, what part number did you get for your relay? Correct ones are these GP Relay is NAPA# ST85, Advance Auto #S603 or suitable substitute (one with an isolated ground)

joeyaguirre21

Nvm I got it guys. So I eliminated the 2 small wites which are pick with black strip and green wire. And just ran a wire from the solenoid stud that has an "S" on there to a push button switch and ran a wire from the other end of the switch to a power source. So it'll active the glow plugs only when i push it.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have been driving around with the relay on, you had better check your glow plugs to make sure you haven't fried any of them. Once a couple of them go bad the rest will follow suit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks