• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glowplug relay chatter!! At wits end!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right now if it sits overnight - the GPR will buzz for less than 1 second when the GPR disengagaes. If I use the Legacy controller - the GPR will buzz for 2 - 3 seconds every time the GPR disengages

If I use the CUCV electronics Legacy card - it buzzes every time. If I put the original stock one in - it works perfect 99% of the time
What I was wondering was, does it start correctly 99 out of 100 times? But that's not the case. You bought a new controller to get rid of the chatter(that you already had).

I read these two posts as, you have a buzzing problem all the time, and it buzzes 66% longer with your new card.

That indicates to me, you have a problem other than your controller. I'm pretty sure the legacy card(exchanged as suggested) can hide/eliminate the chatter.

frankieg

What I was wondering was, does it start correctly 99 out of 100 times? But that's not the case. You bought a new controller to get rid of the chatter(that you already had).

I read these two posts as, you have a buzzing problem all the time, and it buzzes 66% longer with your new card.

That indicates to me, you have a problem other than your controller. I'm pretty sure the legacy card(exchanged as suggested) can hide/eliminate the chatter.
I'm sorry, I should have clarified better. If I have my original card in my M1009 and start it 8 times in one day - the GPR will chatter for less than 1 second on the first start of the day (when the GPR disengages) and that is it. But if I put the Legacy card in - and I start it 8 times in one day - it will buzz for 3 seconds every time (all 8 times) when the GPR disengages. The people at CUCV electric are being nice and are going to repair the legacy card.

that1028guy

I have the same issue, and still have the 24v setup. My only diffrence is I replaced alot of my dash lights with LEDs, of which were my Wait and water in fuel lights. Both of which I noticed when the relay Buzzed at the end of its cycle would flash along with the buzz. I assume I only noticed this after installing the LEDs because they don not take a whole lot of juice to opperate? I get why the wait light would flash, But why the water in fuel light? And no there is no bleed through between the 2 llights. Also, at times on cold starts, if the relay clicks off before the wait light goes out, the truck will not start. I have to cycle the key again, and then it starts on its normal 1/2 revolution.... Weird quirks? Or issues? I sure dont want it to happen when the GF goes to drive it and is out there cranking it till it starts cuz shes used to her cobalt.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks