• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glowplugs Never Energize and Have You Ever What the Inside of a PCB Looks Like

70deuce

The push button is not “hot” unless the master is on. With the master on and while driving I suppose somehow the rely could become energized but like a starter solenoid how often does one of those energize by itself? Thinking outloud here but I don’t see this relay energizing without application of a positive 24 volts. When I hook up the “wait” light or install another indicator light near the push button switch it will be hooked up to the glow plug power side of the relay so if it does energize somehow or it doesn’t denergize when I release the button I will see the light and can take steps to correct the problem. I don’t see this as being a big problem but I sure could be missing something.

70deuce

15 degrees out this morning. Held the switch in for 7 seconds for a start within 3 seconds of cranking. Love having complete control of the glowplugs.

Ranchtruck

Attachments