• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GM/MVO HET during development w/ all wheel steering trlr

BobS

A couple of pics of one of the competitors to the PACCAR HET/PLS entry. These are some of my original photos from the early to mid 1980's during the development...Enjoy.

Best regards,

Bob

Attachments

BobS

It was....no hydraulics at all, it was strictly a fully mechanical system. It allowed us to turn tighter than any of the other competitors, but it was costly.

Best regards,

Bob

dma251

A very reputable source tells me that there is a M1070 HET in private ownership in the Southeast US right now.

I would trade the hemtt in a minute to get my hands on one of those.....

BobS

Re: RE: GM/MVO HET during development w/ all wheel steering

dma251 said:
MAN trucks begin life in Germany, right?
Correct..and what a cluster@#$% it was. The rollout of the first truck was marred by a little engineering problem of the germans-we told them the rotation of the engine and trans-MAN engineering said, we understand....

Can you tell where this is headed?

We ended up with 7 speeds in reverse and 1 speed forward. It was interesting when I tried to back the truck out of the shop and hit 2 building pillars in front of the truck and destroyed the front bumper assembly...ROFL.

I was not a happy camper....

Best regards,

Bob

nf6x

Feral Engineer
RE: Re: RE: GM/MVO HET during development w/ all wheel steer

Hmm, 7 reverse speeds and 1 forward speed sounds more like a French truck to me. [Mark ducks to avoid flying rocks and rotten tomatoes]

:mrgreen: