• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GMC Brigadier

Dukeman

Any one seen one of these before? I know its not military, but I was driving down the street from our shop this morning and saw it. Pretty impressive. Don't know much about it, just looked cool so I though I would show.

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea that is pretty cool. First time I ever saw a Brigadier with front drive axle, I have driven a Brigadier it's one step down from GMC General.. The one I drove had 671 DD and fuller 10. If I has extra money yea it would be nice to have.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd guess that at some point in it's previous life it was configured as a concrete mixer.

91W350

We have one without the sleeper that I picked up at Riley. It had a 8.2 diesel in it, never heard of the 8.2 before. It was pretty low mileage, had a deuce box on it and some really wide tires. We broke the transfer case unloading it, appeared to be a 205 though. The front axle should be good for something. The passenger's seat was a short bucket and is working quite well on one of our larger forklifts. I was interested in possibly making a 6x6 out of the transfer case and front axle, we have a Brigadier roll off truck with a 6-71 in it. Glen

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have one without the sleeper that I picked up at Riley. It had a 8.2 diesel in it, never heard of the 8.2 before. Glen
The 8.2 was a 4-stroke diesel made by Detroit called the "fuel miser." I hate them. Definitely NOT a 2-stroke; while the Series 50 & 60 4-cycle diesels are great engines, the 8.2 had issues.

I believe that Ford used them in a lot of their medium-duty trucks as well.