• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GMC Model AFKX-352

truckeez

Hi I have whats left of two of these coe's the first was a 2.5 ton afkx-352 that I got the cab from---when I went to pick it up in russelville arkansas -they had cut it behind the cab and just pushed it onto a trailer with a bulldozer--ruining the fenders. I wish I could go back in time and get the 2.5 ton tranz.
second one was a single rear axle afkwx-353 that also was sold off as Govt surplus - im sure from "camp hood" tx and spent its second life pulling a dozer around on a float.

I was not into army surplus then and sold off the axles and transfer case for what I paid for the truck, and put p30 stepvan suspension under the frame.
I made molds off the fenders, upper steps and cowl side panels, and the grill bars. its pretty much impossible to get a title for govt surplus trucks like this -that never had a title. The original frame i might use , perhaps not. might set the cab on a 3.4 ton step van chassis.
i do have 270 parts left-rods pistons. oil pan, front pully ,4 bolt flywheel/clutch / big voltage regulator, and steel fenderwells , bendix hydrovac booster setup and one steel seatback,and a few other bits for someone with one of these rare trucks.
truckeez at the who

Last edited:

Jbush

I am looking for rims for an AFKX. What is the size that can be used. If I cant find military ones what is the civilian size that can be used. Thanks
jaybird929 at the mail.

truckeez

they are the standardized wheels -split rim 20" and used 7.50x20. . there were 5 lug , and there were also 6 lug, if you got 5 lug,,,,,,
its possible to get 19.5 wheels from a 1.5 ton step van that are the 10 lug I have heard on stovebolt-dot com-- wether its a direct bolt up without messing with the lug sizing , I do nort know.

but this is supposed to be a way around the old split rims, which you cant get anyone to work on!#$%$%*~%X!&^&