• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

goat 1 - Me 0 Oil Drain Plug

m561gamagoat

Spent some time today fighting with my oil drain plug. Whomever put it in there tightened it way too tight. It would not budge. The square drive (Great idea ! Sheesh) was already kinda rounded and I could not get a firm hold on it. Any bright ideas out there? I ended up pumping the oil out and doing the fluid filter change that way but I really want the threaded nipple setup for the future. Uggh ! Still love it though.

Scooteerr

If it is a socket type, you might be able to drill a small hole horizontally through the nipple (what the socket goes over to tighten/loosen... Can't remember name right now) and put a small metal rod through the hole and tighten...

I'm sorry if this doesn't make sence... I'm not good at explaining things

But that's a worst case scenario... Like 73m819 said, pipe wrench

Last edited:

Woodsplinter

I had the same problem with my deuce. I had a welder TIG weld a large nut onto the drain plug. Worked like a charm but it still took a huge wrench and two people to get it loose.