• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goat has a limp

JR Scout

Does anyone have a part number for a Goat wheel bearing, or better yet, a good source? For the front wheel if it makes any difference. Sure hope gamagoat.com is only temporarily down.

1958 M274

FYI, Gama Goat wheel bearings are the same for all the wheels. I ordered mine from Bearings and Drives. My local store's phone number is 770-792-2922. They did not have them in stock, but they had them shipped directly to me in a couple days. The part number on my sales receipt is BRG27690/27620. Price was 74.22 each in October of 2007. Let me know if you need any more information. Good luck!
Joe

Militoy

Good question! I haven't had any problems with bearings - and I have a few spares in my Gama stuff - so I have never looked into the wheel bearings. Looks like the OEM mfr was Timken - part # 11602374-2. The same part shows up on the support parts list for the M656 8X8 truck. The NSN is 3110-289-6748. As a note - someone picked up 215 sets at a GL auction in August of last year. I suspect they must be up for sale somewhere - but I didn't spot them in a quick Google search.