• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goat titling

Sevo

It seems I may have to get a title for one of the goats I bought as it is not titled. Has anyone titled a goat that has not had a tittle before? I looked on gama goat.com and went to the site they have listed to help with the title but they want 350 bucks to do it aua

I see it can be titled as a 1 and 1/4 ton truck. Any advice on how to make this painless? Also who are you guys using for your insurance. I have state farm for my deuces.

I just moved to New MExico and I am unfamiliar with how tough it is to get titles here. Any of the NM guys give me a heads up on it?

area52

This is how I titled my MV's with no prior paperwork, goats might be a little harder but try a few different DMV offices and see what they say:

Assuming you have a bill of sale, call the local State Police barracks and make an appointment to get the VIN verified and checked out. You could pay someone to do this but the Police do it for free.

Once you have the VIN verified, go to an insurance place that does surety bonds, basically a bond saying there is nothing wrong with this title. Allstate charged me $50 and took a few days.

Next, take a deep breath and go to the DMV office with all your paperwork. Remain CALM!! and talk slowly to the people there explaining that you are titling a military truck that has never been titled before. NOTE - bill of sale must have price, date, legible names, mileage and vin on it.

If they say they can't do it, try another office. It can be done, I have done it twice so far.

Good luck and may the (green) force be with you!!!:mrgreen:

Sevo

Thank you for the information. I will give it a try for sure. I will have a bill of sale.

once you have the VIN verified, go to an insurance place that does surety bonds, basically a bond saying there is nothing wrong with this title. Allstate charged me $50 and took a few days.

What do I take to the insurance CO for the bond? You mentioned title but I will not have one?

What documents do I take to the police barracks? Is there a form I can download for them to fill out to verify the vin?

Thank you again for all of the help

Chris

area52

All I took to the ins. comp was my VIN verification paper work from the State Police and my bill of sale.

All I took to the State Po po was my bill of sale. They have the forms for the vin verification and run it in their computer to make sure its "clean and free" i.e. not stolen. My last deuce did not have a manufacturer on the plate so we just called it a "Jeep" :p

My local barracks only does VIN's on Fridays so call and check. there are pay places that can do it also. The DMV can do it for free also but when it comes to MV's they really don't know what they are doing and my local DMV just says " go to the State Police" for the VIN.

It is also possible to just get a title without registering it, just tell them you only want a title, no plates or registration.

Make sure you have the VIN on two places on the goat. Data plate and frame were what I had on my deuce.