• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GoDove HMMWV GMV, Anyone get EUC?

Crapgame

Trying to decide if I want to stay with the original bumper shelf or go with the BAE stand on setup. View attachment 769901
Please let me know if you wind up not using the original rounded corner style shelf. I have an MSG 3xPA70 Ammo Can Bin, These were mounted either at Gunner's feet or on the driver's side wheelhouse by the C Pillar. Looks like only the 4 corner holes are factory original, that pencil mark was put on there by whomever drilled the supplemental holes.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Temporary fitment of the C pillar. Still working on the roof. Lot of adhesive residue on the underside. Need to order some Armor coat bolts too. Just can't keep the rusty originals on it. 0707191933.jpg

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi diluted,
Yes this is the exact type that was removed. They used the 3 point turret support. Here's a pic of what the DOD removed. 0621191234a.jpg

Crapgame

Is that the correct C Pillar? I thought all GMVs used the H C Pillar and weapon support
There are at least 5 or 6 different GMV C Pillars, from
A: one piece with 90 degree sides, angled forward with angled tubing strut, used with or without tubing cargo rails that are straight sided then angle inward the last 10 inches or so before the C pillar
B to one piece with 90 degree sides standing vertically vs angled forward, with spoons for the H style 6 point Weapons Support/LWS turret mount, with angled tubing strut, used with or without tubing cargo rails
C. One piece angled inward, angled forward, with spoons for M1025-series metal roof and 5 point (M1025-series) Turret Weapons Support, with brackets for sheet metal cargo panels
D. Three Piece, angled inward, angled forward with spoons for M1025-series metal roof and 5 point (M1025-series) Turret Weapons Support, with brackets for sheet metal cargo panels, converted from M1025 sponsons and crossbar. The sheet metal base bracket is triangular one side and L shaped on other
E. Three Piece, angled inward, angled forward with spoons for M1025-series metal roof and 5 point (M1025-series) Turret Weapons Support, with brackets for sheet metal cargo panels, appear purpose made, the sheet metal base bracket is triangular in front and in back of the bent tubing, appear to be purpose made for GMV
F. One Piece, 90 degree sides standing vertically, has spoons for M11-series plate metal roof, and 3 spoons for both the 5 point Turret Weapons Support and 6 Point Weapons Support, with brackets for sheet metal cargo panels
G One Piece, 90 degree sides, standing vertically, has spoons for M11-series plate metal roof, and 3 spoons for both the 5 point Turret Weapons Support and 6 Point Weapons Support, with angled tubing strut for tubing cargo rails.

The above are based on my own observations of original photographs and the auction videos and pics, and are not all inclusive nor are the A-G any form of formal designation.

Whether any of the above are TACOM or Support Company Maintenance manufactured/modified/converted is unknown at the current time.
You have to use the bolt holes in wheelhouses and the paint layers like a detective to figure out what was used on each truck, there is going to be no cookie cutter configuration other than close similarities within an ODA as far as keeping loadplans universal for paperwork reasons (USAF is picky, sure golden 40mm death eggs are fine on the aircraft but no propane bottles for your stove..lol..that must be why Kenny's team mounted the inverters to the roof for their drip coffee maker) and practical reasons during operations.

Books need to written about this little known subject.

Crapgame

91087260.jpg7SFG MSG Side Rail Kit.jpg91087258 - Copy.jpggmv-special-forces-hr.jpgExample, Lot #38 is a 1995 mfg truck, 5SFG IAIF2 bumper number, said by SF Vet to be a CIF Commanders In Extremis Force truck (SF Counter Terrorism Company in each Bn) for putting Assaulters on the X fast. Green Paint on the RH wheelhouse indicated this had the angled tubing strut C Pillar that looks like a rollbar, most likely with the angled inward or straight tubing side cargo rails. The front bumper/winch plate has a strip of black paint that was covered when the truck was painted tan indicating it probably had the Sanford NC welder made push bumper or the Ibistek copy of it. Green paint and bolt holes on the tin roof sides indicate it had the grab handles for assaulters on running boards. And, looks like it originally had the 7/8 length jackrails/rocksliders then had the full length jackrails/rocksliders.

Last edited:

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good stuff Crapgame. I suppose I should have been more clear that this was the correct C pillar for that truck.

Crapgame

I have to go back through over 1000 photos and I'll pull an example of each as best I can sometimes you can't see if the crossbar has 3 spoons on it for both turret weapons supports, or just 2 or just 1. But I will use pics of confirmed GMV trucks, none that origin is questionable. I understand HummerPartsGuy I think made some GMV C Pillars early on that have been passed around a few times.

Crapgame

IF somebody has a truck with the two footman loops below the velcro alongside the Wheelhouses for the cargo canopy kit, could you please measure the distance between and from the top edge of the wheelhouse? I am working on a Tan mil-spec vinyl Cargo Cover kit for these.

Crapgame

That one will stick out beyond the sheet metal panel. You can see the compass ball inside the slot with a vertical azimuth line, and probably some form of electrical illumination of the compass rose, too, would be safe to assume. This is a Silva Bulkhead Compass, about $85, this appears to be close to what they used although this has a raised ring around the view window.

Attachments

Last edited:

04mustang

what are you planning to do for the rear seats? install the same tool box type base as the M998? or the newer style M11XX type bases with wedges?
Corey

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got mine today! Would not start. I suspect the high pressure pump under the manifold. Fuel came out the bleeder by the front wheel like crazy, but after cracking open a couple injector lines, I couldn't get fuel to come out
20190716_093600.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks