• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goin in

Powerstroke94

Well I finally decided to tear into the injection pump a little bit and see if I can find out what is wrong. Got the fender off today and took the cover off that is underneath the HH. I had oil with fuel in it come out. One question I have is where are the o-rings that are letting the fuel get into the pump? And what are the sizes? And when I took the cover off I noticed the safety wire was not around the 2 screws inside the cover. I'll be updating this thread as I go along. Thanks!

Attachments

Seth_O

3 o-rings, 2 underneath the HH (you have to remove it to get to them) and one on the actuator shaft (where you were missing safety wire.) If you turn on the in-tank pump (but don't start the truck) you can watch the fuel drip out of the HH. That's good for a few minutes entertainment.

Also, since you're that far into it, may want to check the seal on the booster pump as well.

Here are the o-ring sizes:
Large O-Ring: 2.484 x .139 = -230 or 230 (depending on which standard)
Small O-ring: 2.109 x .139 = -227 or 227 (depending on which standard)
Actuator O-Ring: .426 x .070 = -013 or 013 (depending on which standard)

You can order a kit with all the gaskets, o-rings and safety wire and such for the IP from Erik's for a pretty reasonable cost. I went that route and just stored the ones I didn't use this time for the next time I dig into it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks