• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goin in

Powerstroke94

Well I finally decided to tear into the injection pump a little bit and see if I can find out what is wrong. Got the fender off today and took the cover off that is underneath the HH. I had oil with fuel in it come out. One question I have is where are the o-rings that are letting the fuel get into the pump? And what are the sizes? And when I took the cover off I noticed the safety wire was not around the 2 screws inside the cover. I'll be updating this thread as I go along. Thanks!

Attachments

Seth_O

3 o-rings, 2 underneath the HH (you have to remove it to get to them) and one on the actuator shaft (where you were missing safety wire.) If you turn on the in-tank pump (but don't start the truck) you can watch the fuel drip out of the HH. That's good for a few minutes entertainment.

Also, since you're that far into it, may want to check the seal on the booster pump as well.

Here are the o-ring sizes:
Large O-Ring: 2.484 x .139 = -230 or 230 (depending on which standard)
Small O-ring: 2.109 x .139 = -227 or 227 (depending on which standard)
Actuator O-Ring: .426 x .070 = -013 or 013 (depending on which standard)

You can order a kit with all the gaskets, o-rings and safety wire and such for the IP from Erik's for a pretty reasonable cost. I went that route and just stored the ones I didn't use this time for the next time I dig into it.

Last edited: