• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going rate for set of bows/uprights

Gunfreak25

What's the going rate for a set of deuce cargo bows and uprights? Guy has some on an old M35 and I offered to buy them. He has no idea what they are worth and I told him i'd get back with him.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been selling the wood troupseats for $150 and the wood bow sets for $100. (legs, corners and bows)

Fiberglass and steel seats - $250, bow sets for $150

That is for pickup only. No shipping except thru the SS network.

All of these where used takeouts.

Last edited:

Gunfreak25

Okay so $100 for the 5 bows. What about the 10 steel corner pieces? I figured another $100 for all of them.

Do the steel corners slide onto the troop seat frames or is there some type of wood piece you slide in first to stick the elbow onto?

So I figure between $200 and $250 for a full cargo bow/corner set?

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I Paid $100 for the troop seats with the wood bows.

You guessed it, they torched the corners.

I paid $5 a corner piece with the upright at the Iola swap meet last year.

I think I have $160 in the whole thing.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay so $100 for the 5 bows. What about the 10 steel corner pieces? I figured another $100 for all of them.

Do the steel corners slide onto the troop seat frames or is there some type of wood piece you slide in first to stick the elbow onto?

So I figure between $200 and $250 for a full cargo bow/corner set?
The $100 is for 10 legs, ten corners and 5 bows. The whole ball of wax.

When I hear bows I think of the complete set. I can see where there would be confusion.

The troopseats slide into the pockets of the bed.

The legs of the bows then slide into the legs of the troopseats.

You could use the bows without the troopseats but they would be really wiggly/wobbly (very technical term)

Attachments

Last edited:

Gunfreak25

Oh wow! I did not know they were that inexpensive. I will give him a call today and offer him $100 for them. Thanks guys!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it the same for M923 Bows & what is the average cost of Canvas top
:)
The bow sets should be the same (I haven't checked the TMs)

The covers for the 900 series are a different story. I haven't seen any used ones. But with all the trucks being scrapped lately they should be out there.

You might contact 91W350 and see if he came get some. They are crushing a bunch of 900 series.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Is it the same for M923 Bows & what is the average cost of Canvas top
:)

Bows can be sold as the following:

Wood or metal bow (this is the partially curved piece going from one side of the bed to the other).

Corner pieces can be either standard or drop side meaning that they either unclip for easy separation for storage or you have to unscrew them for the standard type. Need 2 per bow section.

Staves (called the legs earlier) go into the troop seat pockets and hold the corner pieces and bows up. These can be either wood or fiberglass. Need 2 per bow section

Troops seats are either wood or fiberglass and standard or dropside.

Unless you are going for a specific historical look that would require all wood, the preferred choice is fiberglass for everything with metal bows.

5 each standard fiberglass with metal bow sections that would outfit a deuce should run 125 to 175. Dropside 135 to 175. For wood, it depends A WHOLE LOT on the condition of the wood. Unless it is really nice wood, you're paying for the corner pieces at 5 tp 10 bucks each depending on their condition and if they're drop side or not.

As for racks (troop seats) Wood again depends on the condition. If the wood isn't new then you're paying for the metal depending on type and condition maybe as little as 25 for rusty standard bed metal to 100 for good condition drop side metal for a complete set of all metal needed for the truck.

For fiberglass racks, 250 to 300 and up depending on condition. My understanding is the prices are in the process of increasing due to a certain company buying them up for a overseas contract that would require fiberglass for export.

As for tarps deuce NOS 3 color up to 600 or even more if you buy it from one of the big boys. For used fair condition 125. For 5 ton, about the same but maybe slightly less for the NOS since there are a few more of those out on the market.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been selling the wood troupseats for $150 and the wood bow sets for $100. (legs, corners and bows)

Fiberglass and steel seats - $250, bow sets for $150

That is for pickup only. No shipping except thru the SS network.

All of these where used takeouts.
Wow, I have been looking for cargo bows/staves/corners for a while now. I just ordered new fiberglass bows, staves, with new corners and straps from the manufacture for $342. Wish I had known you were selling. :(

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Wow, I have been looking for cargo bows/staves/corners for a while now. I just ordered new fiberglass bows, staves, with new corners and straps from the manufacture for $342. Wish I had known you were selling. :(
Now to make you really sick. I'm coming through DFW (driving) next week.

:shock:

thehaas

when ever i need some thing there is no smoking deals out there ,when i have some thing to sell no one wants or its worthless item shipping is more.easy way to see how worthless things are put on e bay and when it does not sell you can see what offers where .every one today finances everthing even cup coffee at dunkin donuts no one carrys cash anymore to buy things.

Chain-Saw

I think I cornered the market on Bow corners at Iola last weekend. Paid $2 for some, $5 for some in better shape. We do have a couple each of the camo deuce covers and 5ton covers leftover. All are dirty but serviceable. some need the stiching re-done around the window zippers.

PS, you'll need 6 bows for a 5ton as opposed to 5 on a deuce. (I may have a few leftovers after out-fitting my 3 trucks with the bounty from Iola.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks