• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

going to bob the deuce

ctmustang

Hey fellas,
I've been getting all my ducks in a row for a couple months now. Getting ready to start the bob job. I think I have read about every thread and post on the subject but still have a couple questions. here goes - I'm going to use the stock bed and saw many different lengths that people have done. What is the preferred length to shorten the bed and frame? how far back do yaw like to move the axle. 2nd question also kinda goes with this one with the stock bed can I still run 395- 1400s and so on? All input appreciated.
Thanks C.T.:roll::roll:

sermis

395's or 15.5's. 14.00 are too tall w/o lift.
I used a 101 bed and left the front axle in the stock location and did not have to add to the drive shaft. Using the original bed and cutting it down would work. If I do another that is how I will do mine.

sermis

I reread my post. 395's / 15.5's are 46" and will work.

14.00 are 49" and too tall. Will rub.

14.5's are 43"

Sevo

395's or 15.5's. 14.00 are too tall w/o lift.
I used a 101 bed and left the front axle in the stock location and did not have to add to the drive shaft. Using the original bed and cutting it down would work. If I do another that is how I will do mine.

Sermis

do you have a picture of your bobbed truck. I am thinking of using a 101 bed as well

thanks

Chris

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks