• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

going to Colemans next week with joediveguy - need anything?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once again I am planning an epic trip to Coleman's Surplus with joediveguy next week (7/9 to 7/13 sometime). It's not a vehicle salvage yard, though there are a few hulks around and piles of trailers, and TONS and TONS of scrap with neat parts mixed in that might be of use to you guys.

Was wondering if anyone needs anything specific that you want me to look for there. Also, if you want a catalog part (they are primarily a catalog and Internet sales company) order it, and I can pick it up for you and move it further south, and I'd be willing to deliver to any of the rallies I go to (Graves Mtn. rally or Gilbert in September, Rausch Creek and maybe GA rally in October).

Please search my previous threads for pics of what they have there, lots of good stuff hiding in the weeds and scrap piles....

John Shipley

M43 parts and pieces

Good afternoon...I'm always trying to find hardware for the patient compartment of a M43....If by chance there's any in old bodys, I'll drive down from Michigan with tools or pay the price to have them shipped up here. THANKS for your offering.....Best regards, John

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
stoney - what parts you need? If I see them laying around the yard I can pull parts....

John Shipley - the last M43 ambulance there was scrapped about 5 years ago, there wasn't much left of it, it was a rust ball. There are a few M880s, some CUCVs, deuces, and lots of trailers there for parts reclamation. Also some oddballs like M915s, and a couple M939 series trucks, but most of it is all newer stuff, less than 30-40 years old.

vinny-socom1

from your old post!
pic 12: A pile of what looks like are brand new CUCV antenna guards, but they might be usable for other applications as well. This one was out of the box, the rest were in the box.

can you see if they still have these? if so how much!

Thanks

Vinny

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, I might could use a drivers side patient compartment door off of an M1010 CUCV ambulance if one is available.

jasonjc

I'm looking/needing a lid/manhole cover for a m149A2. Also needing stuff for my M530C fire truck. If see any thing let me know.

Thanks

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
vinny-socom1: if I see the pile of them there again, I'll snag as many as I can.

54reo: Will see what he has. I know he has piles of MEP-002s and -003s in the yard, and older gas stuff, but I don't remember any large gensets laying around.

Recovry4x4: I think there was one M1010 ambulance in the back that was a wreck. Will snag a door if I see one.

jasonjc: There are no water buffalos or deuce fire trucks in the yard. If there are any interesting fire truck stuff like I have seen in the past, parts and whatnot, I'll pick them up.

shenkmen: Did you need the older style or newer style?

Whitey

from your old post!
pic 12: A pile of what looks like are brand new CUCV antenna guards, but they might be usable for other applications as well. This one was out of the box, the rest were in the box.

can you see if they still have these? if so how much!

Thanks

Vinny
There are less there now than in the pic. :mrgreen:

btw: They didn't know what they were. If the NSN doesn't translate to anything relevent to them they eventually just scrap 'em.

MarcusOReallyus

Hi, newbie here. Just checking things out and found this thread. Glad I did!

maddawg, I think we're neighbors! :)

I just bought a M1008 from GL. Runs fine, but won't shift up unless you really wind it up. Broke an alternator belt, too, when I was picking it up. Bummer. Needs batteries, too, of course.

Maddawg, I need a passenger side door. The whole thing, window hardware, glass, hinges and all. Think there might be one at Colemans?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Marcus - I think there are some junk CUCVs in the yard with the doors intact.

michigandon - sure thing. Last I was there he still have a couple.

Jakelc15 - will add it to the list...

LAST CALL for anyone who wants me to find stuff for them. The trip is on for Wednesday the 11th. Going with tool bag and camera in hand....

cpf240

I'd love some numbers for the bridge plate on my M1009, but I don't think it'd be worth shipping them from there to here!

Thanks for posting this stuff, your pictures from the last trip led me to the brush guards I needed for my antenna mount.

Stay shiny and keep flying

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you see if they have any wreckers that are being parted out.
I need the four outriggers
they have wrecker bodies there, see these pics. I'll check on the outriggers, and salvage what I can.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks