• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going to look and probably buy M109 deuce van tomarrow???

citizensoldier

Well I am traveling about 200 miles to look at a M109 shop van and need to know what to check and look for. I have never owned a big truck like this but need/want for my hobby and syrup production.
I will start with checking all fluids, clutch play, brakes,and some other basics. Is there anything that should be looked at real close? Its a mulitfuel engine if that helps. Non turbo, air shift front end,and 16,000 miles.. I just dont want to buy a truck that has only really been started for the last 2 years, drive it 200 miles and blow it up or do some damage to something I should have checked.

ojsdna744

All the same items you'd check for a smaller truck that has been sitting that long. (Making sure the brakes release, ect.) Which way are you going to get it? If ur heading south the 200, PM me and I'll send my cell # to you as a "just in case" sort of thing.