• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going to pick up my new to me m35A2 tomorrow

Cinman37

So I am going tomorrow to pick up a new to me duece it will be about a three hour drive to get it back home. I thought I have seen this truck on this website before but I can't remember which post. Does anyone here recognize it, it has a one of a kind paint job?

Attachments

Cinman37

We just made it back home after our 150 mile journey in our new duuce. My wife accompanied me and it turned out to be a nice little trip. We had to take the interstate for approximately 75 miles, even though we were only going 50 mph @ 2100 rpm in a 70mph speed limit area we received a ton of waves and thumbs up from our fellow travelers. The other miles were nice quite twisty country roads some in middle WV and the rest in southwestern PA. The duece drove like a dream no shakes shimmies or wobbles and the multifuel engine ran smoothly but I have to say it was uncomfortably loud when it was taxed. All in all it was a successful recovery. We do have a small oil leak a drip or two after the truck is shutdown, the transmision and t case are suspected at this point. But I do not have any steam left in me today to crawl under there and properly diagnose the problem. Because I underestimated the importance of hearing protection I must take some advil to try and get rid of my headache. My wife was a bit more resourceful, during the first leg of our trip she fashioned some earplugs for herself from a clean rag that we had brung just in case. Ear muffs are a necessity while operating one of these trucks. But headache or not I am still happy with the way things turned out for us today.

Attachments

FloridaAKM

If they don't leak, their fluids have been drained. Congratulations on your new truck, your engine looks too clean for some reason. The exterior paint job is very unique, never seen one like that, but it looks good! Get some earplugs & keep them in the truck! Now go enjoy your truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks