• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

going to pick up this next week!!!!

mattyboy

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=6622175

i am going to recover this with my heavy diesel mechanic we are planning on driving it home 170 miles. I drive a 33K roll off truck so i understand air brakes. I am a bit nervous about blowing the front tire on the way home. I am excited and terrified at the same time. i am going thru the TMS right now. I did not do an inspection but hope i didnt buy a POS. Lowboy shipping would cost 1200 so say your prayers for me . If you are between Fort Drum and rochester NY along 81 or 90 PM contact info i may need some expirienced advice from you.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
It looks good. I have confidence in the good years on your fronts it's the old michelins in the back I would worry about more. I'm sure you will be fine bring tools, oil, trans fluid and a diesel jug with you. And some duct tape I fix everything with duct tape. It said started with a jump so I would bring a pair of 12v jump paks just in case.

KaiserM109

That's one of the best looking 900's I've seen. Don't sweat the "start and run with a jump". Most of these trucks have sat for as long as a year. You will find 4 BIG batteries under the passenger seat. You only need 2 to jump it. If you are lucky GL will come over and jump it for you.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at that truck when I was up there and bought a non-runner instead (which ran with a PCB). I took pretty good notes on issues and that truck I had no notes so no major issues that I saw. I "believe" that was the truck with two full fuel tanks. Ran nice and built good air. I think you will be fine with that truck. Tell Samantha I said Hi. She will be glad to jump the truck off for you.

Last edited:

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll bite: What is this?

Nice loking truck. Hopefully the CTIS works and the tire will air up for you.
You don't need CTIS. I have mine capped right off and unplugged. Bring an air hose with a duals inflater and a glad hand to hook up to the truck. Use the air valve on the front left corner. Its a nice truck. What day are you going?

mattyboy

I am planning to go wednesday or thurs. depending on rain. I want to put my cut duece bed on it as a shorty or install my pop up on the back. that would be awesome but wife doesnt like that idea

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks