• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going to the Farm--Baton Rouge to TX Exit 674

DeuceIsLoose

Hey Folks,

Looks like the weather is going to be good along I-10. I think I'm going to drive Deuce No 3 to the farm from here (Baton Rouge) on Saturday. It's about 400 miles from here to Exit 674 (US-77) (about 1.5 hours west of Houston). I'm going all by myself with no chase vehicle.

Anybody along the way willing to lend a hand if bad stuff happens.

Thanks--you guys are great.

Donnie

EZFEED

Hey Deuce,

I'm in Branch or Lafayette depending on whatever time you pass through. I work 6pm-6am so I have to be at work at that time.

If you have any troubles you can call me at 337-852-3651 and do so several times just in case I am konked out (swear I could sleep through a nuclear attack:roll:). I can catch you if you have any problems from outside of Lake Charles to Breaux Bridge depending on the time.

Let me know what tools you will need so I will see if I have them with me. We have several members in Baton Rouge that can probably help too.

Let us know and check back in here so we know you made it home! Good luck and dont push her too hard!!!!!:-D

DeuceIsLoose

Thanks guys--I really appreciate it. I'm bringing just about every tool I can think of to support in case something goes bad. She's in pretty good shape except for all the oil she's defecating out the blow-by tube. I guess the rings are done. She made it here all the way from Kennesaw GA (~600 miles) so hopefully another 400 is doable. She runs strong still, just dumps tons of oil.

DeuceIsLoose

Just did final check and one of the inside tires on rear axle was flat. I aired it up and looks like it's holding. I'll check it before I head out in the morning. Otherwise, looks like I might have to put the spare on.

I'm planning on rolling about 4am to beat Houston afternoon traffic.

Thanks you all for offering assistance.

Take care and I'll let you all know how it went when I get back next week.

Donnie

davo727

Well Donny called me at 10 am and he was stopped 40 mi east of Hou with a locked up rear brake. He was going to mess with it and try to open the bleeder and see if it would release . I said call me back if you cant get her going. Didnt get a call back and I called a couple times with no answer so I hope that means he got it going. Dave

EZFEED

I got his call too but am just now getting on the PC, sadly I slept a little past his call:oops:. Hey Donny, post some pics when you can!!!!!!:-D

DeuceIsLoose

Hey Gents,

I did make it. I bled that hub and let it cool down for about an hour (on the side of the highway). Then, I just tried to stay off the brakes the rest of the way.

Thanks to you both for answering my calls and for the advice. I really appreciate it. I'm here in Houston all week for training, but when I get back to Louisiana, I'll send some picks of the deuce in the wild (on the farm).

Take care.

Donnie

Barrman

Kwai and I were about 2 hours behind you on I-10 your entire trip Saturday it seems. I live 40 miles due North of exit 674. Call me if you need some help. 979-540-8478

bulldawg

Sorry Donnie, I was negligent in reading the board so I had no idea you were stranded that close to me. Of course, the only thing I have that you didn't bring is a 14,000 gooseneck. Good luck with the deuce. Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks