• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

going to Winslow's tomorrow

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Going to John Winslow's place in Halifax, NC tomorrow. Wish I could bring a lot of stuff back for others as well, but I am going with only the Durango, and no trailer. Not a lot of room except for the stuff I am picking up there. Will post pics upon my return, and yes I will be going back at a later date, hopefully with a trailer!

cessnatwin

Jay, I have that truck that Big CASE ripped me off on, heading back home from Winslows today, they seem to be pretty good people, I have been dealing with Pete. Cant wait to get this peice of S### home and strip it. Wow, did I learn some hard lessons!

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Yeah I saw the damage on the truck before and after they fixed it , looked real bad. Yeah they are great guys, glad to hear its on th way.

P.S. You have a 11.00 tire on the front pass side.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should double check with John if you are expecting to see him. He is going to a gun show tomorrow.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bruce, I met with Pete, John was there but he was busy. Pete gave me the golf cart tour of the whole property and showed me everything there. BTW - he said "tell Bruce to come pick up his two dump trucks that are taking up space". :)

Picked up some LMTV parts for the next project once it makes it's way home from Colorado. I snagged a cab ring mount cover, new passenger's door, two bed side panels, a nice fuel tank (the FMTV uses aluminum tanks), fuel pump, and lots of bolts/washers/etc. He still has a driver's door I can use, a bunch of frame and bumper brackets, air tank and battery box assembly, a starter, etc., but I'll have to go back as I had limited room inside the Dodge. If I was able to snag a loner trailer for the ride down, I wouldn't have had the problem, but it gives me another opportunity to see green and smell rotten canvas.

Also got a chance to take a look at some of the trucks he had in rebuild around the property. Some are 110% ! Very nice jobs on them. Also peeked a look at steelsoldier's M925, which is still in the rebuild phase. Hopefully, Chris will post some more pics of his ride and his work soon.

Can't wait to go back!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW - I will be going back the Monday before Aberdeen, May 17th. If anyone needs anything picked up there that I can bring to Aberdeen, or wants me to pull a couple parts from there, let me know ASAP.