• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Golden Dueces

scottc

Did anyone preview the dueces that sold yesterday at Warner Robbins in GA. Some went for over 3k. I did not see anything special about them. Thy were listed as late 80's model. Were they actually manufactured in the 80's or were they overhauled?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We bid on some of those but they went way higher than they were worth to us....................

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They were very nice. The Gl guy, John , stated that several were reconditioned for overseas shipment that did not happen, Not sure if thats true. Last time I was on post there were maybe 100 trucks at Robins.......

On a side note notice the 1 B in Robins. That is the proper spelling. You wouldn't want me spelling your home town's name wrong would ya?:-D

Chuck

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not english class we just spell it a little different. . We also live in Houston county pronounced Houseton not like that city in Texas.

grounded

Banned
it comes and goes with a spell we see this every year after the first. guys go blowing they're tax money on trucks then mid-late year it all settles back down. just ride it out and let the guys spend there money so we get them with less fights later ;). Besides remember it takes 2 guys to make that price get that high.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I agree with the tax money thing , also everyone ran there mouth about getting trucks for under 1,000 with a winch etc. and driving them home and them being great trucks so others went after the next batch.
And lastly all the run about them running out..

datsunaholic

Also has to do with location... more trucks, lower average price. When I first started bidding in 2002 average price of a complete, WO/W A2 was around $1000 if they had a dozen or more at Ft Lewis, but over $1500 if there were less than 5. When I bought mine there were 20 some trucks up at the same time, some went for more, some less. Ones that ran right there (no jump, etc) went over $1500, ones that needed jumps under $1200, but even non-runners were over $1000. Pretty clear folks were bidding off the description and not based on a real preview.

And the A2Cs always go for a premium, as do Winch trucks. I would have preferred a dropside but at Ft Lewis it's nearly always a 100% markup. My budget was $1200 for purchase, and that's pretty much were I landed.

One thing that drives the prices up is the common bidders, the bidders that bid on every single truck in the auction, every time. I recognize the numbers. It's kind of like live-bidding at an Impound auction, you get the junkyards bidding up every single car by the pound, so you have to go in knowing you'll pay at least scrap value. The junkyard might get cars for $5 but you sure as heck aren't. The yard guys know each other so they don't bid each other up too much, but throw a lone private party guy in... Same thing happens on GL. Of course with a live auction you can play mind games with other bidders, not so easy on Web auctions when it's all anonymous and you get panic buying.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks