• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Golden parts for a M25a2?

91W350

I caught wind of six deuces that are headed for the crusher. Are there any parts I should try to rob quickly, if possible? I am thinking injection pumps and turbos. I want to try to snag a straight bed for a future M818 project....

91W350

If they do, I will gladly pay the iron price and take everything from PTO to end of the chain hook. I am thinking a couple of instrument clusters might be nice as well.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
compressors, air packs, gauge clusters, alternators, radiators, fuel and injector pumps, good spring seats, right and left door with glass, all mirrors, lights, heaters units, electronics for lights(the name is in my head, located inside engine compartment on the firewall or left fender) That should keep you busy. Luxury items are winches, fuel fired heaters, air assist and any ring mount parts.

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
grab the air shift switch on the dash. even if you dont use them put them on ebay, alot of guys put the airshift cases in mud trucks and may need a switch to activate it and want what you got. also the bulbs int he air shifter, turn signal switch, and dash are nice things to keep instock, they are expensinve at napa. whenever i come across a junker i try to snip off all the electrical connections incase i need to make a quick repair with out having to spend alot ont he packard ends. you can butt connect them or solder and shrink wrap to repair.

KsM715

I went by the yard today, they are definately salvage yard trucks.:cry: no transmissions in any of them front axles gone,no tops, no doors, no windows. lots of small parts piled in the beds. I asked him if he just wanted scrap prices fo the stuff and he told me to write down what I wanted and a price I'd give for it and he would see what he could do.

I asked when he was going to have them crushed and he hadt decided yet. He told me he would really rather just get an offer on the whole truck and see if it was more than he would get to scrap it. I'm afraid by the time you try to haul them out you'll be in way more than what is there for parts.

I didnt have my camera with me and not much time to look all that hard, but Im gonna go back Sat, and see if I can get him to part with a few items.