• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Golf cart ramps

MtnSnow

To figure high centering angle you need to know the ground clearance and wheelbase of your cart along with the angle of your ramp, then it's just some Trigonometry like what Valance listed

Last edited:

dilligaf13

Or end up like last year's Haspin when someone tried to unload an ATV out of the back of an M813 on a hill WITHOUT ramps. From our viewpoint said person rolling down the hill (without ATV) was priceless. (No one hurt.)

I believe that's called the "Dukes of Hazard" unloading method...

goatijoe

Sorry, I had to re-evaluate my assumptions, they were wrong.

Just use this handy calculator that someone else more clever made:

http://www.raymondsocal.com/calculators/rampcalculator.html
That is a great tool right there for this. Thanks a bunch. OK yall it needs to be 18 fthe at least 20 would be perfect for a little more than a inch of clearance at the top. The cart weights about 700lbs and I was thinking of using 2x12x20 layered 2 thick laged screwed and glued together with 216 for a lip on the sides and was going to safety strap and pin it in the bed . My question for yall would that wood hold the weight for that great of a span?

goatijoe

I use 12 footers to load. I've put a golf cart in there with them too. Aluminum ramps from discountramp.com I bought 2nd hand on Craigslist. 6000lb capacity.
What kind of cart do you have is it liftEd or stock. Do you have to find a Ditch to load and unload with it.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a great tool right there for this. Thanks a bunch. OK yall it needs to be 18 fthe at least 20 would be perfect for a little more than a inch of clearance at the top. The cart weights about 700lbs and I was thinking of using 2x12x20 layered 2 thick laged screwed and glued together with 216 for a lip on the sides and was going to safety strap and pin it in the bed . My question for yall would that wood hold the weight for that great of a span?
I cannot say if it would hold the weight or not but we have used something called glu-lam which is a glued wood product for beams. Think of it as a really thick plywood, using moisture-resistant glue and made into long beams instead of sheets. I don't know if it would handle your span but I do know it would hold better than regular lumber. For your side lip, you can use iron flat-stock lagged into the sides to add more rigidity than wood as well.

jpg

One limiting factor is the angle formed by the top of the ramp and the truck bed. If that angle is too sharp, you'll bottom out.

You could mitigate this somewhat by lowering the tailgate to a bit below horizontal, and then running the ramp to the tailgate. That way, you have 2 smaller angles to traverse, ramp to tailgate and then tailgate to truck. That should allow you a somewhat shorter ramp. I would expect the tailgate would never notice a 700 lb load.

Just a suggestion.

goatijoe

1998 Yamaha G16, all stock. Ive driven it on and backed it off on flat ground. It drags on the top if anything but me is in the cart.
How much clearance do you have and what is your wheel base and how high is your bed? Mine has 5 in of clearance and a 54in wheel base.

skinnyR1

Off hand, I think the bed height is 52 inches. I'm running 395's.
As for the cart, it's not at my house at the moment so I can't tell ya. But for reference, that lawn mower in the picture also drove up and down the ramps just fine. The mower deck dragged across the top lightly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks