• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good 6.2 Mechanic in Denver

pinbill

Hello-

I have an 85 M1009 that runs good but I like to have access to a good mechanic just in case. I was hoping to find a solid mechanic in Denver that is good with the 6.2 motor. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Bill

TyJustice

Lake Arbor Auto in Westminster by the Cosco off of 92nd, tend to have some quality diesel mechanics.

I also found a mechanic at Century Chev on 120th and he spent many years working on the 6.2l. The only problem there is your paying dealer rates.:shock:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If youse guys would just come out and join the MVCC (Military Vehicle Collectors of Colorado), I'll personally introduce you to a friend of mine.

He's a diesel mechanic by trade. And while he mainly drives a deuce, he also has a Sub with a 6.2L.

Now, the truth is, the 6.2L is a fairly stout engine and can be relied on for most things.

If you bought your M1009 as a daily driver, it should get at least 18 - 22 mpg and run at highway speeds with no problems.

ALSO, there is a guy on here that has a business Classic Mustangs I think, but also sells MV's. He's over on Mississippi, a little west of Sante Fe. The member name is 101coolcars (man I HOPE thats correct).

Anyway, if you want to 'hang out' with guys of like interest, the MVCC is the place. Club meeting is this Friday, down in Sedalia, starts at 7pm. Bring your own folding chair. We don't bite. Really.

TyJustice

I know Sedalia is small and I should just look for a bunch of MV's hanging around a certain building.:mrgreen:

If I can get down there, what direction should I point my vehicle heading west on 85?

pinbill

Just spoke with my father in law and we are going to come to sadalia on friday at 7 pm, what are the exact directions,

Thanks,

Bill

pinbill

wallew-

On friday how will I know to recognize you? My name is Bill and I am early thirties, blond hair, hanging out with my father in law, driving 85 m1009. Will bring lawn chairs!

Bill

Pikesrider

Sounds like fun. I probably won't be able to make it to that meeting. I'd still be interested in talking with your 6.2 expert sometime and would like to attend future meetings.

mcmullag

meeting

I will try to be at the meeting. If there, I will suggest to the officers that we have any new guests stand up and introduce themselves, and we can point out Wallew to you. Two of our officers are on this site a lot, 70Deuce and Steelandcanvas. Hope to meet you folks. I would sure like to have a M1009 someday.

later,
Glen

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lake Arbor Auto in Westminster by the Cosco off of 92nd, tend to have some quality diesel mechanics.

I also found a mechanic at Century Chev on 120th and he spent many years working on the 6.2l. The only problem there is your paying dealer rates.:shock:
Might want to try and get a hold of him on one of his breaks and see if he would be willing to work on your vehicle after hours. You might be able to get excellent service at non-dealer prices.