• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

good deal on a deuce?

Jody Bob

Hey guys I'm new to the site and I'm looking at buying a m35a2 its a REO with about 12000 miles on the engine the body has very little rust and it has a heater he's wanting 5k is this a good deal or not thanks for all the input

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't say it's great, about average now that deuces are rare pickin' from Uncle Sam at this time. If you can get him into the $3,500 to $4,000 range, you'll be more in tune with what I feel is a good deal.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Hey guys I'm new to the site and I'm looking at buying a m35a2 its a REO with about 12000 miles on the engine the body has very little rust and it has a heater he's wanting 5k is this a good deal or not thanks for all the input
You need to check all systems, brake, electrical and air.

Does it have a hard top, winch, good tires?

Any visible fluid leaks from engine, wheel seals, brake cylinders, etc?

Most importantly does the seller have a clear, valid title in his name? If not run, don't walk, away.

If it is a winch truck with hardtop, in prime shape, runs good and has clean paper 5K is a tad high but not way out of pocket.

Bear in mind as deuces are going up in price the 900 series 5 tons are dropping. You can get more truck for the same money but there are some issues with owning the 5 tons that may make a deuce a better option for you.

kdaniels

Dang Wreckerman ....I wouldn't sell my my deuce for $5500 and it's got a winch and the soft top and cargo top are in good shape....and the all the systems work well.

Don't want that "this guy is nuts" label cause i am asking more for a truck than a good deal can be had for. LOL...may just put it in the classifieds any way....just to swim against the current.

Semper Fi !!

keith

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks