• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

good deal on a deuce?

Jody Bob

Hey guys I'm new to the site and I'm looking at buying a m35a2 its a REO with about 12000 miles on the engine the body has very little rust and it has a heater he's wanting 5k is this a good deal or not thanks for all the input

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't say it's great, about average now that deuces are rare pickin' from Uncle Sam at this time. If you can get him into the $3,500 to $4,000 range, you'll be more in tune with what I feel is a good deal.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Hey guys I'm new to the site and I'm looking at buying a m35a2 its a REO with about 12000 miles on the engine the body has very little rust and it has a heater he's wanting 5k is this a good deal or not thanks for all the input
You need to check all systems, brake, electrical and air.

Does it have a hard top, winch, good tires?

Any visible fluid leaks from engine, wheel seals, brake cylinders, etc?

Most importantly does the seller have a clear, valid title in his name? If not run, don't walk, away.

If it is a winch truck with hardtop, in prime shape, runs good and has clean paper 5K is a tad high but not way out of pocket.

Bear in mind as deuces are going up in price the 900 series 5 tons are dropping. You can get more truck for the same money but there are some issues with owning the 5 tons that may make a deuce a better option for you.

kdaniels

Dang Wreckerman ....I wouldn't sell my my deuce for $5500 and it's got a winch and the soft top and cargo top are in good shape....and the all the systems work well.

Don't want that "this guy is nuts" label cause i am asking more for a truck than a good deal can be had for. LOL...may just put it in the classifieds any way....just to swim against the current.

Semper Fi !!

keith