• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good master cyl. rebuild kit?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who sells a master cyl. rebuild kit that is not from China or NOS as I feel that 30 year old rubber might not be so great. I also need a couple of gallons of dot 5. Thanks

Clay James

I got rebuild kits from eriksmilitarysurplus.com They're made in the USA. I'll never put in China parts on a single circuit brake system.

3dAngus

Actually, it's already difficult. The government procures thousands of both military and non military assets from China today.
The days of only buy in America military parts are gone forever.
The Chinese have issues with manufacturing quality in spite of strick military contractual specifications.

Eriks is a good choice, but what they have today made in USA may be made in China tomorrow, so you always ask that they go ahead and pull the part and then ask the question when you call. From the military perspective now days, a NSN is a NSN irregardless of where it is made. The quality may vary when it is not supposed to. If enough failures can be reported to the buyer when the part is active, the parts will be pulled from inventory.

197thhhc

3dAngus is dead on. I sell a lot of deuce parts and try my best to find US made parts. Sometimes there is no choice. I will buy the Chinese part and test it out on my truck before I decide to sell them. There have been several parts I have cosen to just not carry. The Newstar master cylinder kits are supposed to be US made and I carry them. I have rebuilt several master cylinders with this kit and have never had a problem. I have sold a lot of them and never had a complaint. If you need/want one PM me and I will shoot you a discounted price (I give discounts to SS members)

sgtrisk

Okay, I'm a dummy. I'm rebuilding the master cylinder and now I can't remember how the durn plunger assembly goes back in!! What is the order of assembly? The silly TM just expects that the whole unit will be replaced. Sheesh. Anyone got a quick diagram - or photo - of the parts in the order they reassemble?