• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good pedal without air assist, not with air assist

hughscpa

I have done my searches and can't quite find an answer. I just recently had the brakes fixed and I had a couple bad wheel cylinders. Now I have great pedal when I have no air pressure but the pedal goes to the floor when the air is working. I can still get them to lock up when the air is on but the pedal is on the floor. I don't like that at all. Any ideas?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you vacuum bleed, pedal pump bleed or pressure bleed?

Pressure bleeding works great with dot5.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you do anything besides changing a couple wheel cylinders?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And did you start with bleeding the master cylinder, then the airpack, then the wheel cylinders?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you adjust the shoes as the TM call for? use feeler gauges?

hughscpa

Okay, thanks, I will give it a try and let you know. It will probably be after the Holidays. You guys are truly amazing. Have a safe and joyful holiday season!!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Borrow or build yourself a power bleeder. It's the best way to bleed the entire system. Also, as posted above, follow the protocol for bleeding.