• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good score I Think

tourus

So this is a bit long but here it goes anyway. I work at a county facility. They seem to get a lot of mil. stuff. several tractors and bucket loaders and a dump truck with a plow. and they have 3 cucv's. now the lastest was a m1031 full all equipment. gen, air comp. and vice. just wtch to see what was going to happen with it. well one day I looked the body was off the truck. SOO I asked around what was going to happen with the truck well found out they are putting a flat bed and sander and plow on truck. well ask enough people what was going to happen with body found out it was going to sit out back and propablely never be moved again. so started asking again about the body well come up with they like the flat bed I had on my M1010 so they said lets trade I said ok ( I hated the flat bed anyway just way to big for the truck ment for a diffent truck). SO today got the word come down and swap SCORE almost free M1031 body.well now the questions start about the generator. I know what it is all the up front stuff watts 3 phase pto driven going to get the pto shaft and stuff in a few days. but what I guess I need to know is can the generator be run with out the govener off the truck and can I run it with any engine?? I already have an older type gen/welder set-up the older ones with the wisconsin engine was thing about marrying the new gen and wisconsin engine if the generator could be run with any engine. sorry so long just a little back ground info.

Skinny

You need a governor and a cheapo chinese setup off fleebay will run about $300-$500. A better quality setup will run $500-$800 and could go into $1000 if you want a digital controller with a frequency input instead of a speed sensor in the pto unit.