• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good snow and a few vehicle recoveries

70deuce

Its been snowing here south of Denver for 2 days. Got about 2 feet at my house. Went out in the BV found both neighbors buried at the end of their driveways. Easy pull for the BV in low range. Barely get off idle to pull them out. One of these times I'll get a video. Included some other pics too.

Attachments

70deuce

On the BV both units are powered through a 2 speed transfer case and a protected rear driveshaft. The drivetrains are identical under both units. It steers like a front loader, 2 hydraulic rams mounted between the units. Engine is a Mercedes 5 cylinder turbo-diesel mated to a Mercedes 4 speed automatic truck transmission. About 35 MPH top speed. And yeh the major snowblower would be cool. Chain it up good and you might be able to pull cars stuck in snow.

70deuce

They all do and have driven most of the MVs to some extent. As a bonus, they routinely get flybys from my buddies in the Air National Guard F-16 unit at Buckley AFB about 15 miles north of us. We are on their track to their southern op area and they will on occassion "come by" to say hi on the way down or back. They have passed on the location of our house to the Army's aviation unit at the same base and we have had numerous "visits" from Blackhawks and Chinooks. We have had 6 Blackhawks and 3 Chinooks all at the same time hovering over our motorpool area with guys waving out the windows and back ramp of the 47. They have even done some night vision training using the trucks. One helicopter completely dark with a safety helicopter close by will fly a few circles around the property and leave. We live in a very rural area if you were wondering.