• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good spot for oil pressure sender??

llong66

Hello all! I was wondering what your thoughts were about this plug being a good spot to pick up oil pressure? The two nipples are for the oil cooler lines.
I will be using a mechanical gauge until I recover from the rebuild and can get some speed hut stuff ordered.

Thanks much!
Gregopsender.jpg

llong66

No one knows if thats a plug for an oil passage? I know you can just build a "T"
and use the current spot, just thought I could save a few $$ on hardware if this was
an oil passage.

llong66

Hewfdad, thanks much! I am rebuilding a 1996 factory turbo motor so Ill be using all of those parts, I have never looked into a Banks system and did not realize that they pick up the turbo oil supply there.

Mainsail, the pic is of the area ahove the oil filter, thats what I meant when I said the nipples are for the oil cooler lines, sorry I didn't mke myself more clear.

Thanks guys!
Greg

cucvrus

Forgive me if I am incorrect. But old school told me to check oil pressure the furthest from the oil pump. That means the rear of the cam bearings. And you can get a brass adapter at any hardware store to hook up to the OEM oil pressure sending unit and still have the OEM idiot light and a live oil pressure gauge. That is how I always hooked them up. Am I doing it all wrong?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks