• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good tank news for NE

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder how much that move will cost ? LONG HEAVY TRIPS . I wondered what happened to that collection . At least it's not being parted out . Plus it good for us NE guys .

Needle

At least it's not being parted out .
But it will be.

The news article by Martha Mendoza, AP National Writer has the following statement:

"Foundation director Rob Collings said the organization hopes to raise $10 million to build the museum by auctioning 160 of the military vehicles in August 2014. Eventually he hopes visitors can learn U.S. history through a chronological walk past the remaining 80 historic military vehicles. "

Last edited:

B3.3T

The article is misleading, but considering the communist rag that it is, no surprise. Part of the collection will be going elsewhere on the East Coast and part will be sold off.

Wayofftrack

My understanding is the museum has many duplicates, several Stuart tanks as one example. They plan to keep one of type and auction the extra samples to help pay for transport costs and the new building, this per one of their guys. The auction will be in Cali in early August 2014.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks