• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goodyear VS Michelin

MIDDLEMAN

I have been thinking of buying a set of 1600R20 tires for use on my M925, has anyone ran Goodyear A2 or A3's against the Michelin XZL? Which gives the best ride, quietest ride, best mileage, wears well etc. Also any suggestions on where to find in Washington State? Any input would great!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I prefer the XZL'S. I put alot of road miles on mine. You are in a 5 ton. Quiet ride should not part of the discussion especially with ear protection on. They all roar. Good headphones with good tunes helps alot.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Gunzy

Goodyears have stronger sidewall design than all of the Michelins, a flat Michelin is ruined within 24 hours. Now, saying that, where are you going to find Goodyears in 16.00? They are somewhat rare, so the choice leaves you with Michelins.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Goodyears have stronger sidewall design than all of the Michelins, a flat Michelin is ruined within 24 hours. Now, saying that, where are you going to find Goodyears in 16.00? They are somewhat rare, so the choice leaves you with Michelins.
Boyce has both the AT2s and 3s but they are nearly double what I would get a new XZL for.

DrillerSurplus

I have been thinking of buying a set of 1600R20 tires for use on my M925, has anyone ran Goodyear A2 or A3's against the Michelin XZL? Which gives the best ride, quietest ride, best mileage, wears well etc. Also any suggestions on where to find in Washington State? Any input would great!
In Seattle I have a pretty big selection of Michelin 16.00, have to check to see if there are any Goodyears left. Do you also need wheels?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks