• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

got a flat

rattlecan6104

so, I was on a little road trip and wound up screaming down some old back roads. I got up to too much speed hitting a 25 mph corner a little fast, putting the deuce in a... well.. drift so to speak. After comming out of the corner I realized that the truck was pulling to the side, and the pulling got harder and harder, I found a safe spot to pull off and saw my predicament. I had a flat, and didnt have the necessary tools to change it. Thank god it just tore the tube rather than a full on blowout.

Attachments

rattlecan6104

had to call out a service truck to get it changed, and when they tried to fire up their air compressor, the rip cord... well, ripped. He had to call his boss out with another cord, it was not a good time.

Stan Leschert

Ya might want to check out the air connection under the dash, or depending upon your truck, get a glad hand adaptor. It may be handy next time. TM's are available on this site. Mind you, the last time I used that, when wearing green was to air up our leaky CF air mattresses. I got 1/2 night sleep, then I grabbed the stretcher out of the Veh. kit! Much less bumpy / flat!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The stockers weigh nothing compared to an a3 rim and tire, or a stock rim with 395s on it. I guess its all subjective. :wink:

reloader64

Crackerjax, are you talking about foam-filled, like constuction equipment? If so, I can't imagine how rough the ride would be. Those things are not much better than a solid rubber tire.

Scott

Blacksmoke

I've had at least 3 flat tires on the deuce & they are no fun - 2 nails & a cut front sidewall going down a trail at Muddi Gras where the machinegun range is. A piece of shrapnel from a car that was shot up hit the sidewall & it was flat in about 3 seconds.

Crackerjax

my spare tire is well....flat and filled with water .....I will be putting about 6 spare tires in the bed this winter for weight, I also have the issue bottle jack and lug wrench..... and a piece of cribbing. as far as the foam filled tires yes I ment like construction equipment but your right the ride would not be all that great but if your truck is for shtf duty then well you gotta give and take, the only other problem I can find is that its very costly to have them filled... and with the mileage you see on m35 tires its not worth it. if my truck was off road only then I could see it.

monkster

Foam filled tires will be out of bal. The truck was built for bias tires. Always do a once around looking for problems. Most likley a low tire. Best, newest tires should be up frt.

rattlecan6104

I had tried to air the tire up, but the air was escaping almost as fast as it was going in, The truck never came with any lug wrenches, and I figured I wouldnt be doing any good without a torque multiplier, the bottle jack that came with the truck needs fluid as well, I already knew that though.

tm america

ya i have the lug wrench and jack in the truck but the little 9.00 hangin under the bed wont do me much good when i get a flat on one of my 15.5s:roll:i would keep my spare in the bed but i need a dang crane to put it in and out of there .so i keep it at the shop i figure if i blow one out it gives someone a reason so give me a ride to get my spare and better yet someone else to help me load it in the truck

DanMartin

I'm going to re-locate my spare tire carrier/winch/thingy to under frame in the back, behind the pintle. Should be enough room, and will hold a 14.50R20 without much trouble. Might just give me enough room to mount a 2nd fuel tank. :D

TheOxman

so, I was on a little road trip and wound up screaming down some old back roads. I got up to too much speed hitting a 25 mph corner a little fast, putting the deuce in a... well.. drift so to speak. After comming out of the corner I realized that the truck was pulling to the side, and the pulling got harder and harder, I found a safe spot to pull off and saw my predicament. I had a flat, and didnt have the necessary tools to change it. Thank god it just tore the tube rather than a full on blowout.
I had the same exact thing happen to me last weekend, front driver side tire. It sucked, big time. I had tools, but not what I needed!

Shooo, I'd have used MY AIR COMPRESSOR! :razz:

You DO have a glad hand adapted to air up tires, right?
This is probably the most useful piece of information I found on the forums today. Will be buying next!

I wonder if Triple A will change the tire on a Deuce .......that would be worth the membership to see his face when he pulled up .......:wink:
My parents pay for a AAA membership for myself and my sister every year. I've used it twice in the last six years. AAA came out and said sorry, too big, and left. MAYBE if I had the RV plan... I told them exactly what the vehicle was and what tools they should bring...