• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got a HEMMT today!

Mustangsud

M977A2R1 5900 mi. Runs and drives great. What's especially nice is that it'll run 70 down the highway in stock form!!
1996 model overhauled by Osh in 2007. Last painted in 2016 and the bed doesn't have a scratch in it. Even came with almost all BII, including winch and crane remotes. All tires >80%. All LED's on the lighting.
HEMMT 03-21.jpg

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
M977A2R1 5900 mi. Runs and drives great. What's especially nice is that it'll run 70 down the highway in stock form!!
1996 model overhauled by Osh in 2007. Last painted in 2016 and the bed doesn't have a scratch in it. Even came with almost all BII, including winch and crane remotes. All tires >80%. All LED's on the lighting.
View attachment 827830
Wow. Nothing much more to say.
REALLY NICE looking truck!

I echo the idea of "always wanted one of these". Not sure about the "always" part, but it sure would be cool to have!
Going down the highway at 70 would be really exciting so long as there isn't any traffic in sight.

HeckOfATruck!

Mustangsud

Drive her, do work with Her, Drive Her.
Texas be big, Let Her take you where you ain't been.
Yes, it'll get driven. It will be one of the centerpieces of our Critical Resources Team which responds to assist other utilities in natural disasters or other emergency response situations. Will get our signature blue and black paint scheme.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes, it'll get driven. It will be one of the centerpieces of our Critical Resources Team which responds to assist other utilities in natural disasters or other emergency response situations. Will get our signature blue and black paint scheme.
It's a shame to paint such a purty truck - but she definitely has a mission now - and Blue and Black are her colors.

Gunzy

The R1 designation is for vehicles that went through the first "Recap" or rebuild procedure done by Oshkosh. This particular model was an A2 off the line, then subsequently got the R1 upon rebuild in 2007.
I guess technically my M985 would be an R1 too as it went through a "0" reset program at Oshkosh in 2001 where is was rebuilt as a "New", 0 miles truck with warranty.

colesmotorsports

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool trucks, mine is a m778 fuel hauler . Bought it thinking was going to use it for hauling fuel for my business in North Dakota. Decided to pull tank stuff off and build flatbed on it. Low hours fun truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks