• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got a Little History on My Deuce Today

renovate7

Went to the local National Guard unit yesterday to see if they had any info on my Deuce. Based on the bumper # they told me it had been in an Artillery Unit in a nearby town. Went there today and they remembered my truck well. Said it had been assigned to another town that was under their command. I got the name of the Sergeant that had done the daily checks on it and driven it most of the time. Judging by the 3 hurricane logos on the windshield it had been used in 04 when we got blasted here in Central Florida....They took me back to a big maintenance facility. They still had records and work orders from 05 when they had done some of the final work on it. Complete service, all filters, new kingpins and boots, new mirror, frayed wire. They gave me copies of everything they had on this truck. I was also able to talk to the technician who had worked on it. He said all these trucks had been in very good condition. I asked if they had any manuals left on these and they loaded me up! Looks like one of everything. About 2 lineal feet on a shelf. They were going to throw these out. Very fun/good trip. Now if I can just get the EUC approved and actually get "A92". Much stronger temptation, now, to drive it the 160 miles home.

Coveralls

Good idea,have to try that some day. I would not hesitate to drive it home. That is a very short distance to drive. The farthest for me was 1259 mi. Make sure you have insurance and follow the list up top on the gear you need to bring with you. And have a blast!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks