• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got another MV...

RallyRebel

Picked up an M35 recently in trade for stereo system I wasn't using anymore. It had sat outside for about the past 9 years and looks pretty sad, but after towing home with our Mack CS250 and tinkering with the IP it roared to life. Oh, the fuel pump was shot so I made a simple pick-up using the old pump's frame and put a 24V Carter from NAPA in-line and it works great. Not bad for less than $40! Going to have my hands full though, the air governor is doing the "psssh psssh psssh" thing every couple seconds once up to pressure, the brakes went to the floor while I was testing on the street by the shop, the cab will likely look like Swiss cheese once I start sandblasting... Fun! :roll: Oh well, it's not like I don't need more projects! LOL. For those that remember my CUCV debacle that "project" is still on-tap. Picked up a great Silverado with no engine that has factory air, the dual tank option and a freshly rebuilt 700R4 so I've got plenty to "graft" on to the M1028 whenever the mood hits.

Anyway, just thought to share and show some pics of the new beastie...

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent save! That's a good trade no matter who you are! I'd flip the headlights, they are supposed to be in the high position when a winch is installed. Repaint her and you've got a real winner there!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder why that truck has a winch and the lower headlights? I thought that the winch trucks always had the higher headlights...at least that is what I believed until now. Perhaps, someone installed the winch after the truck was built.

RallyRebel

Thanks for the feedback! I'll have to look at the paperwork again but I believe it's a 1964 model. Turbo multi-fuel, sprag front and rebuild tags for 1988.

I'll do a search for flipping the headlights, but feel free to share any tips on that! :wink: