• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got hard top & Mk16 mount on M35a2

bbbang

I repainted my truck a few weeks ago and removed the soft top. I then finally got a hard top I had purchased and then modified put on my truck. It was a little difficult with the M66 mount, but I had lots of help. I also added a MK16 mount in bed to go along with the ring mount. Not very politically correct but fun. Enjoy the pictures. Chris

Attachments

bbbang

On this truck I will have a M2hb on a MK64 cradle mount on the m66 ring, and an M60 with mount on the MK16 in he back. I will post pictures with the guns on the truck, in the near future. Here is the picture of my 50 caliber. Chris

Attachments

yeager1

Nice looking truck. Quick question, what is the front and back spacing on those rims? I want to space mine out the same. Thanks

bbbang

I modified the hard top with the custom hatch opening. I am toying with ideas for the hatch cover, (canvas, fiberglass, steel, etc.) I will need to get it figured out and fabricated before winter Chris

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have any additional photos of the opening? I am looking to do this to a hard top in the near future.

jime

On this truck I will have a M2hb on a MK64 cradle mount on the m66 ring, and an M60 with mount on the MK16 in he back. I will post pictures with the guns on the truck, in the near future. Here is the picture of my 50 caliber. Chris
I think that'll keep the tailgaiters off your rear! Nice job!

bbbang

Here are some more photos of the hatch I built in the hard top. It was quite a job, the top is thin and hard to weld on without burning it up, I also had to rebrace the top after I cut the hole, but I am very pleased with this build. I also included a photo of my M64 cradle for the M2hb I haven't painted it sand yet but it is on the list of things to do. Chris

Attachments

bbbang

It should be a blast to shoot off the two mounts on the M35.

M2hb and M60's mounted on the truck and on the public road in Missouri is definately a crime, and would be a really bad idea, unless you want to stay at the "county hotel".

I will just keep everything legal and stick to private property for truck driving and M.G. shooting. I will try to video some target shooting from this truck at my farm and post it on the site at some point in the near future. It should be a whole lot of fun. Chris

slash79

just for your information, on 7 tons the turret cover is a round steel piece that has tabs that swing around and hold it down to the roof. that seems like it might work pretty good to cover that hole up.

txdodge43man

the adapter plate that bolt the ammo can holders to the leg are they the original plate or home made? I used some angle iron and spacers to mount my can holders to the legs.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks