• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got installed on the island - MEP-803a

k9medic

I braved the weather today and flew over a gas 7000kw/8750 surge generator. Unfortunately, I did not have much time to troubleshoot the generator since I had to basically rewire things for a portable generator hookup.

I double checked everything as far as wiring goes and it all looked good. It turns over with the dead crank switch so I manually held the fuel solenoid shut with the S1 in run and then cranked it. While cranking it, I then flipped the switch back to normal and the generator ran and made power. I thought that perhaps the oil pressure switch was bad but it appears that it had been bypassed.

Obviously I can't ask my renters to do the crazy startup, so setting up the power panel to accept the portable generator had to be done. I won't get back until March so I have some time to think about my next course of action.

I have though about pulling the entire engine and backend and making a direct set up minus all of the military redundancy. Perhaps simplify it a bit?

Guyfang

Staff member
Thats possible. Thats why I said test S1-7. You should have 24 VDC on S1-1, and when you turn the S1 to the start position, you should have the same 24 VDC at S1-7.