• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got it HOME!!!....Pictures

Cleptomaniac

I'll second the lug thing ai have a 36" long 1" drive breakover bar! 200lbs jumping on it barely gets the job done! :evil:
Great looking truck!!
Good luck!!:)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And this is why......, I bet Kenny spray won't help this one. A frozen brake cable sometimes needs to be inspected. You never know what you'll find. This problem could not be seen until removed. I hope yours is just gummy or a little rusted.
My spray might not work but the I-Phone has an app for that.

ratat98

After you have tried brute force, twisted fasteners off, used cuss words, a blow torch, WD40, PB Blaster, ATF etc. or a combination of, use what all good gunsmiths know about- "Kroil" -available from kanolabs.com. I have several WWII Dodges, Power Wagons, M37s, and have had my share of rusted parts.

Kroil !
Yes, Kroil is my #1 choice, but the local truck parts store that has stocked it for years just suddenly decided that they didn't want to stock it anymore and went with PB instead... PB is good, but I've seen Kroil work on things that PB wouldn't even budge. As for the tires; they have good tread, but it looks like the valve stem broke off the inner one for some reason. I think I'm just going to put it back together and drive it to the tire shop tomorrow morning and let them use their big tools on it. The owner is a fellow jeep enthusiast and avid 4x4er anyways so I think he will get a kick out of getting to work on the deuce!

SMOKEWAGON66

I have a 67 KJC as well..although mine is a 109A3. I was looking at your front end there, and i notice that your headlights are closer to the top and above the blackout light. That configuration seems to be very common. Mine however, the headlights are closer to the bumper and the blackout light is at the top. I havent seen many trucks like that and always wondered why that is....but congrats on the acquisition ;) enjoy!

renovate7

Here's a pic of my recently received 1967 A2. While all the "later" trucks, 71 and newer?, have the headlights up high they had to be relocated on older trucks to install a winch. It would be interesting to know if the winch was original to the truck or added and the headlights moved. If you've been driving around with out the top, which I've done, look out for your hearing.

Attachments