• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got Me A 5 Ton

Well I listened to the 5 ton pimps long enough. I just had to find out if they are better than a Deuce. It cost a few bucks , but now I am the proud owner of a M813A1.
It is an AM general 1972, drop side bed, 15k miles.
I got it thru GSA so no EUC and no wait.

Attachments

Jinx

Ooh, nice!

I'm convinced the deuce is a gateway drug. As soon as you own it for awhile, you will want to upgrade to something bigger. Good job moving right to the big trucks. Congrats!

I was watching those and they didnt move much until the last half hour or so most were real nice trucks the price reflected that too.
It was strange to have a reserve on GSA stuff. The joker I was bidding against kept on waiting to the last minute to bid, it kept on extending the deadline for what seemed like forever. I guess he was expecting me to die or something.
The price is what you pay, no buyers premium, so the price seems higher than what it is, in comparrison to GL.
I hope it is a nice truck, it is what I wanted. It was listed as "runs".

M813A1

You will like the M813A1 . The power steerng is really nice to have, no more muscling the steering wheel to turn the truck around !! Nice find !!

Armada

Congrats DR, you'll love it and wish you would have bought one sooner! Hope it's in top shape for you. Post more pics after you get it.

98hd

DR greg is there any chance of looking over my wrecker while your there I would appreciate it so I know what to expect.The driver side bumper markings are or look like DS-208.

What were the last 2 numbers of the lot? I went and inspected all 28 trucks. Ended up not buying though.

One of the wreckers was so-so, and the other looked pretty nice (I believe it was the one with the higher lot number.

DR. Greg: What was your number?

I was looking at buying the 813 ending in 15, and the deuce w/ the ring mount legs. They were the 2 nicest trucks there.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I drove my 1st 5 ton this afternoon. It was recovered last week. My sons got it here (the farm across the street) and there were fuel issues due to losing the prime(that happens when you fill 1 tank and run out of the other), Well the I worked on the fuel system on and off all week and planed and major assault today. I found a great way to prime a system, ever with an mt fuel cannister. Yes, I will post pictures of the recovery and a slick way around a PIA.
Now back to driving the 5 ton. I think my deuce days are numbered!! It was a joy to back up this beast and not fight the wheel... :-D:-D:-D:-D

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greg,
That's a beauty of a truck:drool::drool::drool:. If you're getting rid of your deuce fleet you might as well let us boys down here in Ohio have a crack at em...LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks