• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got me a Deuce for a 100 Dollars

Although she is not something you would restore do to all the rot I did get some good upgrades for mine. Main items are an air shift TC, heater and a good drivers seat frame with springs and shock. Started parting her out yesterday. I do not know who put runs on her side but she don't. There was actually another rotten 4 wheeler buried under her rears. Happy times.

Attachments

jimm1009

Congradulations on the save.
She is extremely good looking for a truck in your state that has been abandoned.
Parts are good for the hobby but she may be able to someday drive herself down the road with your help too.
Good luck,

jimm1009

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to ask if you wanted to double your money until I saw your location. :)

Any time you can get a truck for less than scrap price you can't go wrong. I bought one for $200 one time but it was in alot worse shape than that one.

Alredneck

Banned
Got me beat, but I did get a M54 for less than $270 but it got T-boned on the recovery ride home by a BMW. Danm drugies.

Good price on some good parts!

jwaller

Wouldn't it be an air operated front locker, or am I missing something? I don't think I've seen an air shift transfer case.
nope you are missing something. there are 2 types of transfer case's. air shift and sprag. air shift is the better of the two. it gives the operator control of when he wishes the front axle to pull.

Capt.Marion

Wouldn't it be an air operated front locker, or am I missing something? I don't think I've seen an air shift transfer case.
Deuces have all open differentials, with no lockers. What the airshift does is it used air to shift the transfercase so that it powers the front axle. (Like going from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive in a pickup truck.)

I gotta say alot of you say how she doen't look to bad. Well consider her like that girl you see at 50 yards and shes walking toward you and as she get closer you think, "Holy catfish" my impure thoughts just got ruined. Well as you get closer to the truck you can see she is a rust bucket. I am about ready to head out and put the hot wrench to her and finish the part out. I'll save an axle set and see if I can come up with cheep shipping. The front springs are still good for a bobber project. BR, Griff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks