• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

got more of the engine apart

red devils dude

well I was cleaning the face of the block and top of the sleeve when I see this tiny
crack going down the sleeve so I pull the oil pan off get the connecting rod, piston out
and get the sleeve out it's cracked all the way through from top to bottom so
now I'm going to pull all the piston assy and sleeves for checking.

rdixiemiller

You might be better off getting another engine if you find much more wrong. Not that they are that hard to rebuild, just finding some parts is expensive. Check with Spicergear, I think he still has a good, low hours, turbo engine.

rdixiemiller

I don't know how difficult sleeve assemblies are to find. That, and the cost, would be the determining factors. I would look for a blown engine, you might find some good used parts,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks