• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

got my 1970 kaiser, pictures

comanderfritz

two weeks ago i picked this up in Columbus. after doing a bit of clean up, nothing major. it is ready for pictures. it is mechanically sound and runs great. still has a flat tire but i got a new one on the way. haven't replaced any fluids yet but since it didn't come from the government and its paperwork said it was rebuilt in 1999 i might not need to i figure. i still need to check this out i suppose. anyways here is my new truck. it leaks oil down the entire length of the truck in a few spots. nothing major just a few drops after use. is this a problem i should be concerned with at all? right now im not.

Attachments

Last edited:

comanderfritz

Yup, gotta get a mount for the MG and it depends on which part of CSA KY you are in I might know where to find one.
nicholasville. thus far im looking into having a MG3 type mount made so i can switch between the MG34, 42 and the 1919. but any help in finding any kind of mount would be appreciated. can always use more than one type:wink:

back up camera is the TV. worked until about 4 hours ago when i messed up the electric wiring to add a outlet for a radio. damn thing was so confusing it needed fixing anyways. anyone know of a ""Simple"" and i stress simple, 24-12 volt converter i can replace with the retarded one i have now. i mean i need one that says +in -in and +out -out

Last edited:

Numbers

Yup, was just out in Nicholasville the other weekend. Gavin's get together at the Tractor Supply. I will get back to you sho0rtly on the mount. Lots of surplus near Ft. Knox.

Numbers

nicholasville. thus far im looking into having a MG3 type mount made so i can switch between the MG34, 42 and the 1919. but any help in finding any kind of mount would be appreciated. can always use more than one type:wink:

back up camera is the TV. worked until about 4 hours ago when i messed up the electric wiring to add a outlet for a radio. damn thing was so confusing it needed fixing anyways. anyone know of a ""Simple"" and i stress simple, 24-12 volt converter i can replace with the retarded one i have now. i mean i need one that says +in -in and +out -out
In regards to the 24 to 12 volt issue, try a search and start wading through the multitudes of info on here. If you want opinions try a Vanner Battery Equalizer and tap off the battery for 12 volts. The equalizer will ensure the charge is equal for both batteries and won't kill anything. However, check the threads out before making a decision. In addition, the local Fire Dept. there in Nicholasville has a unique 24 to 12 volt setup on their brush wagon. I think Sunoman might know more about it.

comanderfritz

In regards to the 24 to 12 volt issue, try a search and start wading through the multitudes of info on here. If you want opinions try a Vanner Battery Equalizer and tap off the battery for 12 volts. The equalizer will ensure the charge is equal for both batteries and won't kill anything. However, check the threads out before making a decision. In addition, the local Fire Dept. there in Nicholasville has a unique 24 to 12 volt setup on their brush wagon. I think Sunoman might know more about it.

is that one on delta drive by the industrial park on the south end of town?

ok i just looked into the converter i have now. i might be able to use i just need to learn how the hell to connect the wires up i guess. they last guy who had it made it as complicated as possible. ill fix it tomorrow.

Sumoman

is that one on delta drive by the industrial park on the south end of town?

ok i just looked into the converter i have now. i might be able to use i just need to learn how the hell to connect the wires up i guess. they last guy who had it made it as complicated as possible. ill fix it tomorrow.
Well we have 4 major stations in town, the south end one (largest) is County. Was the truck red or yellow? If it was a brush truck i would guess it is county. A few of the officers i work with are on county fire so i should be able to get some information.

comanderfritz

Well we have 4 major stations in town, the south end one (largest) is County. Was the truck red or yellow? If it was a brush truck i would guess it is county. A few of the officers i work with are on county fire so i should be able to get some information.
just asking because my families factory is on delta drive down in that industrial park next to it across from the wheel factory. there are two fire depts on the mouth of the industrial park. there is the city small one... and the large new county one.

anyways i hooked up the electrical today like it was supposed to be and turned it on...nothing. still doesn't work. i took it to Paris today and there i even had a electrician look at it and he said i had it hooked up right and at this point either the reducer is blown or Ive got some wires switched somewhere.....:-x:|

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks