• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my 1st deuce baby!!

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bid on what I thought was a decent deuce at Barstow - no preview of course......

Got outbid this morning and while I was in chat with a bunch of great guys, I started bidding on the shop trucks. It was a nail biter, but my small bid of just over 1100 held and I won!! I learned a ton of stuff in chat today, thanks to all those who helped me out!! I owe you guys all a round of cold ones!

Now to start the EUC and figure out how to get her home 90 miles from Barstow! And then the BOB starts!

Attachments

steelandcanvas

DUG, Nice 109! Welcome to Deuce ownership! Would you care to part with that Field Desk in the back of the 109? I would be interested if it's complete. PM me with your thoughts.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
your going to bob it what were you thinking ??? what are you going to do with the rear compartment...?????
I was thinking I wanted a bobbed deuce. Now, as I understand it, since I had the high bid at the end of the auction, I will soon own an UNbobbed deuce.

I did not want an UNbobbed deuce, so I was thinking of removing everything in the way of dropping a M105 bed on there.

That's what I was thinking.

I wasn't thinking it, but I was told in chat today that at around $1100, I did ok price wise.

So I shall do what everyone who bobs a deuce does - gets rid of the stuff in the way. If you have a cheaper or easier suggestion or a bobbed deuce to trade, I'm all ears. I think.

:)

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
DUG, Nice talking to you in the mess chat room. Glad you won. Bobbing , HMMMMMMMMMMMMM No you can`t bob that beautiful truck... I said so.:driver:

Neil

Sumoman

What you might want to do is sell everything off the truck to pay for the BOB, its yours do with it as you please. Still its a shame:cry:

Nice win.. however I would suggest you slow down, cause GL and your EUC will anyway:-D

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What you might want to do is sell everything off the truck to pay for the BOB, its yours do with it as you please. Still its a shame:cry:

Nice win.. however I would suggest you slow down, cause GL and your EUC will anyway:-D

The brakes are on and the win party has wrapped up. Now the EUC party starts! I do plan on making a run up to check her out next week. Hopefully this Dave guy in Barstow is in a good mood. :)

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sent in my EUC/color copy of DL via email and fax this morning. I might even mail in a set too. EUC waiting is less fun than end of auction waiting................

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DUG,
There will be other M35's, as a lot more of them were made than M109's, so go easy on the conversion. But if not, let me know about the boarding ladder!

Sumoman

Sent in my EUC/color copy of DL via email and fax this morning. I might even mail in a set too. EUC waiting is less fun than end of auction waiting................
Make sure you also send it (the OL) as a color picture on a word DOC AND mail a copy. You cannot over do this, the government wants a color copy and if the email did not work GL will take up to the last minute to tell you it did not go through.

Have fun:roll:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you also send it (the OL) as a color picture on a word DOC AND mail a copy. You cannot over do this, the government wants a color copy and if the email did not work GL will take up to the last minute to tell you it did not go through.

Have fun:roll:
I emailed them a 1.5 meg file of a color scan of my DL. It takes up about 6 x 10 inches so they should be able to read it. I also faxed them everything.

They STILL haven't charged my card.