• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my 803A with LTT-HC Trailer - Mods, Questions, and whatnot....

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
Wait a moment. The link above used a example.
The true D.O.T spec for flammable fuel is over 119 gallons before needing placards.

The limit is 119 gallons.

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
Wait a moment. The link above used a example.
The true D.O.T spec for flammable fuel is over 119 gallons before needing placards.

The limit is 119 gallons.
That is 119 gallons PER CONTAINER before it becomes bulk.

For diesel, you can have a semi trailer completely filled with 55 gallon drums, and not need a placard. But a single 120 gallon tank and you're illegal.

per the article:
Whether diesel is regulated largely depends on the type of packaging. Generally, combustible liquids such as diesel are not subject to the HMR when in non-bulk packaging. Therefore, when diesel is transported in non-bulk packaging, a placard is not required.

MixManSC

With it lowered the deck height is now 27 inches. Tank is installed and still has a foot of ground clearance which is plenty for me. Leak tested it with water and put a coat of Duralux aluminum boat green paint on the visible bits. Will get a couple of pics tomorrow.

MixManSC

So I forgot that I never posted any additional photos or updates.
So this shows how I mounted the Goldenrod fuel filter. I had a pair of off road light rail mounting brackets laying around, so I used those over the pipe nipples with some aluminum straps to hang it. Bored two holes for the fuel lines in the bottom. Left side comes from the tank, right side down goes to the fuel transfer pump. Smaller line coming off the tee runs to the compartment where the fuel tank is and is teed into the aux fuel line. So I run the set on the aux pump now which draws from the belly tank, gets filtered and then tops the main onboard fuel tank.

IMG_20220115_165934893.jpg

MixManSC

This one shows the modified electrical distribution box which now houses the fuel transfer pump. Not shown but for security I hid a switch inside the side door of the gen set that controls the power for the transfer pump. It is under the lip and is not visible at all, just have to known where to feel for it.

IMG_20220115_165918430.jpg

kayak1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This one shows the modified electrical distribution box which now houses the fuel transfer pump. Not shown but for security I hid a switch inside the side door of the gen set that controls the power for the transfer pump. It is under the lip and is not visible at all, just have to known where to feel for it.

View attachment 870917
At $6+ a gallon you might want to add a lock to that box....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks