• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my AN/GRC142 RTTY home

Redyserve

IMG_0059.jpgIMG_0049.jpgIMG_0050.jpgIMG_0052.jpgIMG_0051.jpgIMG_0053.jpgIMG_0058.jpgIMG_0056.jpg I picked up this unit about 40 miles from me. Mostly complete, When it was de-milled they removed the knobs and meters from the radios. I got the AC unit with the deal. If anyone has any info on a parts source for the missing items on the radios it would be a big help.
the guy I bought it from has 6 more shelters, 5 are GRC142s. The 6th is an AN/TAQ-1B Surveillance Info Center. Here are a few photos.
IMG_0047.jpgIMG_0044.jpg If anyone wants any info you can PM me and, I can get you the guy's Number.

Myles

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, incredible find. I have NEVER seen a shelter surplused with the radios still in it. Are the other units for sale? For the knobs, I would start with Fair Radio. They might have a substitute meter too, as the radios they sell have been demilled the same way. How is the UGC-74 under the modem attached to the rack? I have not been able to figure that out on mine.

foxmike

Yep, try fair radio. There are also a few yahoo email lists like armyradios and milsurplus. Some of the folks on there have pretty good stockpiles of parts.

Redyserve

The other units are for sale at what I think are fair prices. I am not sure how anything is mounted yet. I got it home Friday afternoon and, have not had time to dig into it yet. I am moving it to my M101 trailer this afternoon. I hope to get it cleaned out some this evening. The door latch needs to be repaired. The door has been cracked open slightly for the last 5 years do to the handle. There is no shortage of leaves and, dust.

Myles

Redyserve

I plan on mounting some of my HAM gear along side the green stuff. Someone removed the AC power input box, that will be first on the list. I would like to power it up and, get the lights working.

Myles

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, I have the identical ratt rig so if you need any pictures of the power detail I can help. If you end up pulling anything and don't want to keep it, please let me know.

Redyserve

Down that way but I would not call it a surplus yard. The guy closed the yard where I got it a few years ago. It was a normal salvage yard. The shelters and, a M211 with a crane on it are the only military items there.

Myles

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shelters are not surplussed out any longer complete with all the radios, not since the 1990s at least. Good find, it's been around a while waiting for a good home!